Sunday, May 18, 2008

A new toy


I bought a 14' trampoline today. And yes, it's awesome. I think I figured out my knee issues, and it appears to be a problem with stabilizing my patellar tendon (and thus patellar tendinitis). I found a small brace that wraps beneath my knee, and tried it on. It worked immediately, so I got two of them. In about 15 minutes, I developed a dull ache at the bottom of my quadriceps just above my knee, and it settled down over time. I tried another brace at the same time, and liked it more, but it was around $40 (and I wasn't sure it was worth it) and I wouldn't be able to wear it under pants that well.

So, what does this have to do with a trampoline? Well, I went to this store (Big 5) to check out the trampoline yesterday, and found these braces. I was thinking about getting a trampoline for my daughter and I play on, and for me to start developing more stamina and flexibility without further shock to my knees. When I went to pick up the trampoline today, and bought the bigger brace and fell in love with it. This brace will not slide or rotate, keeps my knee warm, and still gives me a good range of movement while being snug. I was able to assemble and screw around on the trampoline (about 5 hours) without issue from the brace. So far, so good. I hope this will let my tendons recover and tolerate shock while riding.

No comments: