Thursday, May 01, 2008

New (to me) bike

This is the Schwinn Moab I just got.

Schwinn Moab 1, Red (I guess it's a large, but it's a great size whatever it is)
2004 Marzocchi Marathon SL (currently 45psi in both positive chambers, and 200psi in the negative)
Shimano Deore hubs with Sun Rhynolite rims
Shimano XT Cranks FC-M752
Shimano XT shifter/lever combo ST-M750
Shimano XT Rear Derailleur
Shimano XT Front Derailleur
Shimano LX Cassette (9-Speed)
Specialized Low-Rise bar (31.8mm)
Oury Grips
Specialized Pro-Set MTB 90mm 12* (static, uses sleeves)
Specialized Phenom Gel Saddle
Specialized Mag-Pro flat pedals or Crank Bros EggBeater MXR
Generic Seat Post
Shimano Deore V-Brakes BP-M420
CST Cheyenne 2.1 Tires

I have had a couple rides on it, but only out front of the house. So far, so good. I don't see myself taking it on many of the rocky rides I do since I can't stand on the pedals for very long (if at all) thanks to my super-fun knees. However, the fork tuning seems to be coming along quite well, although I will be fiddling with the negative air chamber pressure a bit more.

I am waiting for a Specialized Pro-Set MTB 90mm 12* stem to come in. I thought I was getting it with the bike, but the box had the wrong stem in it. So, Shane at Sun 'n Spokes is letting me keep this stem (provided I don't mess it up) while we wait for the correct one to come in.

No comments: