Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More about the 2009 Fit

2008 JDM Fit2009 USDM Fit

I love my car, but that has already been covered. Now, I loved the first pics of (what was thought to be) the 2009 Fit in the US. You can see them here:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=122688#6



Now, the first picture above is the 2008 JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Fit. Notice the relatively short overhangs, and in the article it includes telescopic steering and, I believe, automatic climate control. The second one, however, is at least the USDM if not "global" version of the Fit that's coming out for 2009. It (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/19/new-york-2008-2009-honda-fit/) has a much longer nose and a rear bumper extension that isn't even seen on the JDM unit. Now, in the UK, Europe, and Austral-asian region it might still get a telescopic steering wheel, automatic climate control, and some other stuff that they will pay for I don't believe that it will show up in the US. I would love the added features (and would pay for them) even if I had to keep the extra overhangs.

No comments: